Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Birthday!

I went to Mackay, ID (aka middle of nowhere) to my parent's cabin. I so love it there!! It's so quiet and peaceful and of course beautiful! There is no cell phone reception up there and I love it!!

My dad really likes to watch all the birds there. He has feeders and houses all over the place. This is a Tree Swallow I believe. He likes them because they eat mostly mosquitoes. There is a big pine tree on the side of the cabin that houses an owl of some kind. You can tell because there are little weird bone/fur balls at the bottom of the tree that the owl spits out. How gross!


No....I did not fish.
I went to Sun Valley. I decided to brave the Trail Creek pass. It's been known for chewing through tires. The rocks along the pass are really sharp shale. This pic was taken at the peak. Breathtaking!

While we were in Sun Valley we went to this little local bar, Lefty's. They have absolutely THE BEST fries ever! And those of you that know me know that I HATE fries.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!! You guys have been busy. I am happy for you guys. You look so cute together.